Hey guys! I’d love to hear your story! How far has God gone to show He loves you?
Finishing our week in 1 John 4 with the beautiful words of Bethel Music’s Extravagant.
Only heaven knows how far God will go to say He loves us. He stopped at nothing to prove He is for us. It’s all wrapped up in the gift of Jesus.
Most significantly, God’s love for us gives us the ability to serve with love.
Pass it on, pay it forward, do it because He loved you first.
Have a fantastic weekend!💃🏼
P.S. Take a day to rest! 🙌🏼
Did you know you can pray the gratitude of God’s love into your life? This is life changing! I know, it is so simple. The Gospel is simple! So let’s be simple too.
In the beginning of our journey with Jesus, establishing in our hearts that God loves us will build the confidence you need to serve in love. Receiving God’s love for you will absolutely change your life. It did for me!
How do we know God loves us?
1 John 4:7-10 says “God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him… loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God.” (MSG)
We know God loves us because he sent Jesus and he became the sacrifice so that we could be forgiven and live life in relationship with God. AMAZING!
#loved #godlovesyou #jesuslovesyou #immadenew #spiritual #christianity #christianlife #newchristian #god #jesus #truth #intheword #christianblogger #encouragement #prayer #love #1john4 #youhavevalue #youhavevalueandworth #worthy #life #freedominchrist #forgiven #righteous
Something inside of me shifted. I just knew I wanted to help people. This was so unlike me, I always felt overwhelmed by life. But there was a spark firing off in my heart. I could feel the position of my heart changing. A new perspective was birthing. I was searching for ways I could help.
Because I felt a deep gratitude that Jesus had paid it all for me, I believed I should start paying it forward. It seemed right. However, I often felt anxious serving. I seemed out of place. I didn’t want to be seen or talked to. I just wanted to do what I was there to do and leave. My hands and feet were operating but something was missing. The missing component was love. The truth is, I did not have my running feet yet. But God had my ear. He was revealing His deep love for me.
This experience reminds me of 1 John 4:7-21. The “God is Love” chapter. It talks about knowing God as love, experiencing Him as love. God’s love is a course correction for the soul. It is a heart transplant that allows us to tune in to God’s heart for people. The love of God allows wholeness to take root and healing to grow. It has brought a security into my life that I can only explain by saying “God loves me”. That security has given me the confidence to pour into others. I now serve in confidence. And this is the confidence that I have: that what I have experienced is what others can experience too. I love because God first loved me. (1 John 4:19)
The love of God is a key component to our serving God. God is love. We are supposed to be acquainted with His love. The Amplified Study Bible says that “…everyone who loves [others] is born of God and knows God [through personal experience]. The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love. [He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.] (1 John 4:8 ) What is opposed to love? Fear. If fear is the driving force behind our works or lack of works, we don’t have love. The Amplified Bible says “There is no fear in love [dread does not exist]. But perfect (complete, full-grown) love drives out fear, because fear involves [the expectation of divine] punishment, so the one who is afraid [of God’s judgement] is not perfected in love [has not grown into a sufficient understanding of God’s love]. (1 John 4:18)
There is a purpose to the pursuit of knowing God’s love. Because God’s love is perfect, it casts out our fear. The knowledge of God’s love plucks the ailments of our soul that choke out good fruit. This is done by pursuing and receiving the love of God. Believe His love over your circumstances, over your fear. Walk toward His love so that you can love. As a result, you will serve and bear much fruit.
Have you ever heard that God’s love is infinite? Romans 8:38-39 is the scripture that reveals this truth. Nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ. I believe that this love offers us a security to choose the good life. God’s love destroys the grip of sin. (Song lyric reference to Bethel Music, “There’s no other Name”.)
#christianliving #faith #truth #godlovesyou #jesuslovesyou #intheword #christianblogger #encouragement #loved #bible #spiritual #religious #hearinggod #god #jesus #scripture #church #jesuschrist #christ #newchristian #christianity #immadenew #identity #biblequotes #purpose #youhavevalue #youhavevalueandworth #worthy #lightstock #romans8 #youareloved #sindestroyed #security
When calamity hits, hope seems far away. We need a rescue yet the hand of God is distant. Love is a rescue when we need security and hope. In this moment, could you say His love never fails? Can God’s love for you be your safety net in this time of trouble? Your story of love and hope can be an encouragement. In the comments, share your story of where love gave you hope for a rescue.
The Word is alive, active, and powerful. When God’s words are used in prayer with faith, it has the power to transform. Scripture has the authority to do miracles. By the power of the Holy Spirit living in you, the Word is also alive in YOU! Let it speak to you as you live life. It will change you from the inside out.
A treasured possession. Wow, God considers YOU a treasured possession. Whenever I think of being a special possession, I think about Linus from the Peanuts gang. He has a blue blanket that he takes everywhere with him. The blanket is used for comfort, companionship, protection, costume… you name it; Linus uses his blanket for everything. It is the greatest example to me of how God feels about me and how I feel about God. It is a true “I am yours and you are mine” relationship. We are a treasured possession indeed.
Photo Props: Brittany Borowski via Lightstock
#christianity #scripture #identity #newchristian #god #jesus #purpose #treasuredpossession #godlovesyou #deuteronomy7 #treasure #linusandhisblanket #immadenew #youhavevalue #youhavevalueandworth #lovedbygod #iamyoursyouaremine #brittanyborowski #lightstock
I am tired of mediocrity, how about you? We were created for something! Father, thank you that you chose me and created me for a purpose only I can bring to this world. God show me what I was created to do! I say yes! Thank you for your Amen!
#christianity #scripture#identity #newchristian #god #jesus #purpose #goodworks #servant #chosen #ephesians2 #loveandgoodworks #gettingyourhandsdirty #christianservice #godshandiwork #workingforthelord #works #neelywang #lightstock
- I wish Christians knew it was scary and overwhelming to walk into church for the first time. Being greeted at the door can be a little uncomfortable for us. Worship can be a little weird for us. A new Christian needs a soft kind word and space to let God work.
- I wish Christians understood that our lives are a mess! We lived without Jesus! Of course our lives are messy. If you have a new Christian in your group and they feel comfortable enough to tell their story, let them tell it and afterward thank them for their vulnerability. Sharing our stories heals our wounds.
- I wish Christians knew how much we need a prayer covering. A lot of us don’t have families who pray for us, spouses who pray for us or anyone for that matter. It’s just us and Jesus. Please pray for our spiritual growth and protection.
- I wish Christians knew that we need a new family. Our earthly families are often confounded by our new found faith. They haven’t forgotten how we lived our lives before Jesus and being made new is not within their understanding. Being with our families in our new found faith is often difficult and painful. We may need or want to spend holidays, especially Christmas and Easter, with our faith family.
- I wish Christians knew that we have really strong convictions. Our convictions may not be yours and vice versa. Let the Holy Spirit convict. You have the blessing of supporting us while we walk it out.
- I wish Christians knew that our eyes are wide open. Amazing Grace says, “I once was blind and now I see.” New Christians are watching with their eyes wide open. You are an example to us.
- I wish Christians knew that God has called us. We haven’t prayed for 20 years to be in ministry. That doesn’t make us unqualified to be a part of ministry work. The Bible says that we are ministers of reconciliation, all of us. New Christians often have a passion and boldness because this whole thing is new and fresh. We have something to offer the body of Christ. Help us find our place and receive us with open arms.
- I wish Christians knew that vulnerability is important. We want to hear your faith stories. Faith stories are inspiring because it shows us that God is faithful. Your stories tell us how God showed you who he was in a place where your life was less than perfect. Your faith stories give us encouragement and hope.
So, there it is. Eight things I wish Christians knew about being a new Christian. I hope it urges you into love and good works.
When I think of being God’s special possession, I see a picture of Him hugging me. I love how God claims us as His own. He calls us by name and says “you are Mine!” He created us, he formed us, He protects us, and says we are His. How very special we are to our loving God!
#christianity #scripture #identity #youhavevalue #youhavevalueandworth #immadenew #godthefather #creator #iamyoursyouaremine #isaiah43 #creation #godsspecialpossession